- Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a Site user, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- Information in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- Details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- Communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit questions, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any referral website that directed you to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet), which is automatically recognized by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We will use the information you provide to:
- Enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- Administer your account with us;
- Verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- Audit data downloads from the Site;
- Improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customize them for users;
- Identify visitors to the Site;
- Carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data; and
- To send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services either at the point such information is collected on the Site (by checking or un-checking the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, by following the unsubscribe instructions on any communications sent to you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information. We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.